Sunday, December 16, 2007

English!!!

Last night I was basically accosted by two teenage girls as I emerged from the latrine. I noticed that one of them had a pigeon in her hands and as she rapidly approached me with arms outreached I began to get the idea that she wanted me to take it. Indeed, they gifted me the pigeon. Why on earth I would want a pigeon l have no idea. They don’t seem too hard to come by. Luckily I used the Cuerpo de Paz as an excuse and I politely told them I’m not allowed to have pets. However, I think they were thinking more along the lines that I would be enjoying it for dinner. Anyway, they had an ulterior motive for such generosity, that being ENGLISH. Yes, everyone wants to learn it. So it looks like English classes will be starting up in January. No pigeons necessary for enrollment.

No comments: